Event Support and Video
SiriusDecisions wanted to drive future growth by reaching new potential clients and deepening relationships with existing ones. To do that, it needed to make its target audience of B2B professionals more aware of its research and event series through business and trade media placements and shareable content showcasing its thought leadership on sales, marketing and product management.
- Developed a research launch strategy that mixed proactive and reactive pitching to build broad awareness for its thought leadership with compelling content to draw in new audiences and encourage sharing.
- Established a press release pipeline that ensured a regular cadence of announcements across a diverse range of topics, from research to events, new offerings and other corporate news, to show momentum across its entire business.
- Deepened relationships with the top influencers its audience follows through initiating media partnership discussions and a media buddy program.
- Supported a social media-centric employee engagement program to maximize internal content promotion.
- Mobilized blue chip customers for video case studies to provide external proof points for SiriusDecisions’ brand and the value of working with the company.
- March helped to introduce SiriusDecisions to numerous important influencers in the business and trade media that potential new clients are likely to read. In one year, March secured 47 briefings with key media outlets, including CIO, the Economist, Forbes and VentureBeat, among others
- 90 pieces of coverage, including pieces in AdAge, Chief Executive, CIO, eMarketer, FierceCMO and Fox Business
- The coverage March secured played a role in an additional 60 pieces of organic coverage
- Filmed and edited 35 video segments at its events, including 19 customer case studies, that were used in marketing materials, social media and in the PR program
- Videos by March have attracted over 14.4k views to date and led to a 255 percent increase in subscribers to SiriusDecisions’ YouTube channel
- Video case studies included numerous Fortune 500 companies and other prominent brands, such as Cisco, GE Healthcare, Oracle, Siemens, Sony Professional Solutions and more, that told their stories of using SiriusDecisions research, frameworks and advice to improve their sales, marketing and product processes
- 30,000+ social shares of media coverage, with a total potential reach of over 161.6 million unique monthly visitors
- Social traction around its media coverage and regular social media recommendations contributed to SiriusDecisions’ 146 percent increase in social followers across Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook prior to engaging with March
- The #SDSummit hashtag trended #1 worldwide on Twitter during Malcolm Gladwell’s keynote on day 1 of SiriusDecisions Summit 2014 and #2 (behind the NHL playoffs) on day 2
“As a true novice in the field of Public Relations, we were looking for an engaging and strategic partner to assist us in running a comprehensive, fact-based PR engine. We truly felt as though March was an extension of our team and our partnership was mutually committed and beneficial.
March has also been an invaluable partner in supporting our four large scale annual conferences. March developed a strategic and comprehensive plan to support all aspects of content, from recruiting press and media to supporting media relations at the event to interviewing key clients, key sponsors and delegates.”
Ashlyn Westling, Director of Communications, SiriusDecisions